Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Colnago Dream



So I decided that rather than spend $3-4k on a new bike, I'd assemble one for a quarter of that cost. I've been riding a Fuji Team I picked up at Performance Bike for $1000 a little over 2 years ago. Its been a great bike,but I feel like I've outgrown it after 5k or so miles. I listed it on my buddy Craig's website for $750 and generated a lot of inquiry but nothing legit. I also had a guy who said he'd give me $650 if I could wait a few months. I decided to throw it on Ebay with a BIN of $850. Some dude in Cali scooped it up 19 MINUTES after I listed it. No Shit.

Let me say now that I enjoy searching for deals online. This usually involves taking advantage of people who either don't know what they have or are desperate for $$$. Long story short, I started assembling the pieces for my perfect bike.


2003-2005ish Colnago Dream frame w/ Flash carbon fork, Dura Ace 7800 Groupset, and on and on......
So here it is in its current state, top to bottom:
Saddle: Selle Italia Flite 
Seat Post: Thomson Elite 27.2 
Frame: Colnago Dream Altec2 Plus ProRacing Tubeset
Fork: Colnago Flash Carbon 1 inch Aluminum Steer Tube
Stem: 100mm Thomson Elite X4 w/ Thomson 1 to 1 1/8 shim
Headset: Chris King
Bars: Ritchey WCS Logic 2 Wet Black 31.8
Shifters: Dura Ace 7800
Brakes: Dura Ace 7800
Front Derailleur: Dura Ace 7800 Braze on
Rear Derailleur: Dura Ace 7800
Crankset: Dura Ace 7800 53/39
Cassette: Dura Ace Titanium 11/22
Cables: Dura Ace 7800
Bottom Bracket: Dura Ace 7800, Italian
Pedals: Speedplay Zero
Bottle Cages: King Cage Titanium
Wheelset: 2008 Mavic Ksyrium Elite
Tires: Continental Gatorskins

2 comments:

Bringing Home to the City said...

good looking bike!

cephas said...

Great idea!